Social Icons

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

What to Eat Wednesday - Black and Bleu Wedge Salad

This week's What to Eat Wednesday is a Black and Bleu Wedge Salad. This is a great simple dinner salad. I love the contrast of the bleu cheese with the savory steak.

Ingredients
Steak (I used a T-Bone because it is all I had, a strip steak would be nice also)
Iceberg Lettuce
Some other mixed greens (I used romaine and spinach)
Blue Cheese
Bacon
Tomatoes
Almonds
Dried Raspberries
Blue Cheese Dressing


First, wash all your veggies. This is really difficult step I know.


Grill or pan sear you steak. We are out of gas for our grill so I pan seared my steak on the stove then finished in the oven.


Next, let your steak rest while you are preparing the salad. Put the loose green lettuce on your plate then cut the iceberg into wedges and place on top of the loose greens. Top the lettuce with the tomatoes, blue cheese,  bacon, almonds, and raspberries. You could always add or take away ingredients. After your salads are assembled cut you steak in strips and add to the salad. You are finished a very easy and good meal. Let me know if you try it.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates