Social Icons

Saturday, January 31, 2015

January Empties

I have joined with some amazing women on Instagram for a low buy challenge. It is called 365 days of empties and was created by a lady I follow on Instagram named beautyempites (go follow her). The challenge is to use up the products you have instead buying new ones. The empties can include samples and candles or design it to fit your needs. For every product you give yourself a dollar and use this "empties" money to buy new products you are wanting to try. I update my progress frequently on my Instagram page (link on blog), but I will update here monthly.

1. Bath and Body Works Candles - I used up a lot of candles this month because I was out on sick leave. Most of the candles I used were limited edition fall candles. I did use up a Mahogany Teakwood candle which is my favorite. It smells just like the Abercrombie.


Mahogany Teakwood 3-Wick Candle - Home Fragrance - Bath & Body Works
Buy Here


2.  Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation - One of my all time favorite foundations. I had a backup on hand when I used up that one. I have a full review in my 2014 Beauty Favorites.

Buy Here


3.  Victoria Secret Very Sexy Perfume - If I have a signature scent this would be it. I wore this scent on one of my first dates with my now husband. I wore this scent on our Wedding Day. I have wore this on numerous special and not so special occasions. I have copied the notes from the Victoria Secret site because I am horrible at describing scents. The perfume includes scents of vanilla orchid, sun-drenched clementine and midnight blackberry. I plan to buy this again soon.

Beauty
Buy Here


4.  Victoria Secret Coconut Passion Lotion - I love any lotion that smells like coconut and this one has a nice warm scent. The Victoria Secret lotions are thick and not greasy. They can at times be strong scented, but I really like them.

Beauty
Buy Here

5.  Better Homes and Garden Wax Melts - These wax melts are great for the price. I buy them at Wal-Mart. They have a lot of good scents and most of them have a good throw.

Better Homes and Gardens Wax Cubes, Vanilla Spice, 5pk
Buy Here

6.  Brittney Spears Perfume - This was a gift from my nephew when he was about 8 years old. He picked it out himself and was so excited to give it to me. It smelled very good, but my favorite part was how he told me I smelled good every time I wore it.

Buy Here

7. Seventh Generation Face Wipe - I bought the wipes from Vitacost. They are a more natural brand. They are alright. They are good for wipe swatches off your hands or washing your face in the morning, but not for taking off a full face of make-up. I would not purchase again.


8. Samples - I have used a good amount of samples this month. I am enjoying this no buy challenge because it has encouraged me to use more of my samples. I am going to list the ones I have finished and tell if I would purchase or  not. I do not feel I can give full reviews but I can give my first impression.
     Lacome Visionaire Serum - It felt good on my skin, but I am not sure it is worth the money.
     Bond 9 I love New York - This perfume smelled good, but a little strong. I would not purchase.
     Cruel Itch Defense - I did not like the smell of this lotion. I would not purchase.
     Nieva Cocoa Butter - I really liked this lotion. It smelled so good. I would purchase full size.
     Origins CC Cream - This sample was so small I am not sure about. I would consider buying.
     Jose Maran Oil - I loved this and I would purchase full size.
     Lancôme Crème to Powder - I loved this foundation and would buy a full size.
     Prada Candy Perfume - I like this perfume and my husband recently bought me a full size.
    


2 comments:

 
Blogger Templates